Guess what? I’m now officially an award-winning author! Awards! Me! I know, right? My book isn’t even out yet! Doesn’t matter. Thanks to Yan at Books By Their Cover, I’m worthy. She’s bestowed upon me the highly coveted… Zombie Chicken Award!
Zombie Chicken Award
The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken – excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all…
Thank you, Yan! Now, for my turn. I’m awarding the Zombie Chicken to:
- Sarah MacLean, author of THE SEASON, who’s as cute, smart, and hilarious as she is schooled in the ways of Regency and romance.
- Jennifer Brown, pub house sister and author of HATE LIST, who’s Jennifunny blog earns its name with every post.
- Josh Berk, my agent brother and author of THE DARK DAYS OF HAMBURGER HALPIN, who proudly wears MC Hammer Underoos and is never afraid to blog way TMI.
- AuthorsNow!, a collaboration of 2009 and 2010 debut authors who come together online to share book recommendations, contests, book world insights, and other fun stuff.
- Sarah Woodard, who blogs and vlogs about my favorite things (um, books!) at Sarah’s Random Musings and keeps freaky vampire hours like me. Sarahs of the world, unite!
In other news, well, TWENTY BOY SUMMER is out in 62 days. Gulp. Yes, now I’m counting. Book 2 is in the revision stage, which means I’m still not going to say much about it yet (hopefully soon)! That one comes out next year. And I’m working on book 3, as well as launch plans for book 1. It’s kind of funny that while my first book is being introduced to the world, I’m actually done with a 2nd and working on a 3rd. I like being busy, though, otherwise I’d give in to my natural tendency to move as little as possible and wait for my husband to bring me soup and chocolates and news of who got voted off Idol this week. It’s the life!
Finally, I’d like to take this opportunity to wish my dear friend Darling Rachel a very happy birthday! This time last year, we were saying our goodbyes to Rachel at Denver’s Wynkoop Brewery as we got ready to head back east. *Sniffle!* Anyway, happy birthday, darling. I hope your day is as fabulous as you are!