11:30 PM, Thursday
- Me: I’m so not tired. I’m so freaking awake. Awake, and hungry.
- Alex: *Sigh*
- Me: I’m totally not going to sleep. I’m just going to stay up and work. I have to finish this book. I’ll just stay up till 5 again, as usual.
- Alex: Well, okay. I’ll stay up with you.
- Me: You will?
- Alex: Yep!
- Me: *hugs*
11:38 PM, Thursday
- Me: Also…
- Alex: Yes?
- Me: I’m hungry. I’m totally going to make a bean burrito with hot sauce. Do you want one?
- Alex: Yes!
- Me: Yes! *does song about burritos*
11:49 PM, Thursday
- Me: I’m hella-stressed. I suck.
- Alex: What’s the one thing you could do that would alleviate some stress?
- Me: *giggles*
- Alex: Well?
- Me: I’ll tell you what it is… I’m about to bust into that mother f@$#%&@ Halloween candy.
- Alex: No, you’re not.
- Me: I am. After I eat my burrito.
- Alex: No.
- Me: Okay.
But later *giggle* after the bean burritos *giggle* I made some tea, and Alex went into his office *giggle* and I totally cut open the bag of Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups (and I don’t mean the little mini ones), and I snuck one!
I was LMAO the whole time so I don’t know how he didn’t hear me, but…
Shhhhh! Don’t tell him!
I’m totally going to pretend a mouse did it. Better yet, Mr. Cocoa. He’s the bunny that lives upstairs. YES! It was totally Mr. Cocoa. I knew I couldn’t trust that floppy-eared, shifty-eyed bunny from upstairs!
Naughty Mr. Cocoa!
My early morning (4 AM after good night’s sleep) “getting ready for the day” thing…going outside and looking for the Orion nebula, binoculars in hand, star map in head, and finding all the nifty dark sky friends I’ve gotten to know since that great arm chair astronomy course,
Cannot wait to hear about the infamous Buffalo Halloween experience, so I hope you two are up ready for the gremlins.
You guys crack me up! Okay, my fellow nocturnal creatures, be sure to celebrate Halloween properly. Pop in The Hunger starring Catherine Deneuve, David Bowie and Susan Sarandon …. I’m so envious that you can stay up late, sleep late. With my insomnia, I stay up late and then drag my a** in to work at 8.
I miss you, Dr. J and Loren, two of my favorite Colorado friends!
Doc, I’m tired just reading about all the things you do before the sun’s up. And L-Fizzle, maybe we can schedule an insomniacs conference call. What do you think?