I worked from home today, and it was everything I thought it could be!
I don’t mean “worked from home” in air-quotes, because I actually did do work today. But I also got to do lots of other things, including but not limited to:
- Drinking coffee. Lots of it. Free coffee. Including this new stuff my husband got, called french vanilla hazelnut butter cookie or something. Yowza!
- Taking a few, well-placed naps.
- Not showering. Not getting dressed. Not combing hair (see photo evidence above). Not… okay, TMI.
- Copying new songs into iTunes. And singing them when they played.
- Sitting on the couch with my laptop for so long that my butt fell asleep.
- Hanging out with my favorite person in the world.
- Flashing my favorite person in the world while he was making lunch.
- Burping after drinking seltzer.
- Catching up on personal emails and other blogs without fearing the corporate Internet police sting.
- Getting 10 or so new pages written on the novel – woohoo!
Yeah, yeah, yeah I have to go back to the office tomorrow, but I feel somewhat recharged, just a little bit. Tomorrow is already Wednesday, then Thursday I have a dinner with some old coworkers and friends from New York, then it’s already Friday. I can do this. I. Can. Do. This.
You know what else? It rained today. I was kind of dozing during it, but my husband snapped a few shots of the sky after it cleared again. Something else to appreciate.